Saturday, October 16, 2010

Brain Detour

One of the things that I took away from therapy after losing my mom and husband 4 days apart was very helpful to me. I would wake up and start crying and cried all day. I learned that one of the things in life that we CAN control, is what our brain thinks about. Think if you were driving down the road, there was two signs, one way was danger, the other way was a detour. Which way are you going to take? Of course, you'll take the detour. Same way with our thinking process. If you start thinking of things that make you so unbearably sad, then it's time to take a detour and change what you're thinking about. Get your mind wrapped around something else, anything else, take a walk, watch a comedy, reading here, anything that occupies your mind and before you know it, time has passed without crying and you're feeling so much better. I really hope this helps you as much as it did me. It got me through the worst times of my live. Now I still miss them, and I still cry, but it doesn't take

More on Quit Smoking..

No comments:

Post a Comment