Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Article about relapse

This was posted on the Huffington Post Last week at: huffingtonpost.com/carole-be ... 19255.htmlI'd love to hear your responses.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Carole BennettIs Relapse Part Of Recovery?As a substance abuse counselor I am asked this question all the time. Because I am not in recovery myself, my answer comes from years of counseling alcoholics/addicts and processing their answers along with my own professional insight.So, with that said...is relapse part of recovery? Yes and no depending on whom you are talking to. If one has relapsed, learned from their "slip" and embraced a stronger, more formidable recovery, then the answer is "yes". However, if one continues to relapse because they have not tethered a confident and secure change in their lifestyle, then relapse just becomes an excuse for buying more time before committing to sobriety. Hence, the answer is "no".I have befriended many alcoholics/addicts and a number of them have embraced their clean and

More on Quit Smoking..

No comments:

Post a Comment