Sunday, October 24, 2010

My False Talisman

I had invented a cigarettes "magical abilities" in my own head. Without my imagination, which was responsible for giving the cigarette powers it never really had, the cigarette continued to lay there lifelessly like the inanimate object that it was. Being exactly what it is. NOTHING. Without me, it couldn't sing and it couldn't dance. I gave it life.In other words, I have finally come to realize that cigarettes don't make be happy or help me when I'm sad, they don't make me concentrate or take away my boredom, they don't make me calm or give me confidence. A cigarette has the same abilities as a STONE. All of these years, I would have been better off putting my beliefs into a shiny STONE. and holding it in my hand when I felt I needed soothing and believe with all my heart that it could soothe me.All of these years I lived in a fairy tale believing my own vision, that a cigarette could do this for me.Better to believe in a shiny STONE, and breath fresh air rather than

More on Quit Smoking..

No comments:

Post a Comment