Sunday, October 24, 2010

How can I help my fiance stop smoking?

How can I help my fiance stop smoking?
My fiance has been smoking on and off for probably 15 years. He's successfully quit a few times, only to eventually end up smoking again. He smokes about half a pack a day right now. He knows how much I can't stand it because I don't want to lose him to cancer or heart disease in 20 years, but this doesn't seem to deter him enough. He wants to stop, or at least he says so, and he has tried the gum and the lozenges with a little success, but he doesn't seem completely motivated (sometimes he'll choose the cigarette over the lozenge, for example). What can I do to help him stop for good? Do you have any ideas, or ways that you've helped someone stop smoking?
He hates fixing stuff up around the house, unless it's a comuputer heh... but I could keep his hands busy with a video game.. thanks for the idea.

I think he also likes the social aspect of smoking, which is an even harder thing to break imo...


Best answer:
Answer by Oscar

More on Quit Smoking..

No comments:

Post a Comment