Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 1 Done...

Good Evening to Everyone:Today was my quit day and I'm very happy to say that I made it through the day without smoking. The physical withdrawal symptoms weren't too bad today so I'm expecting them to be a much stronger challenge tomorrow. Of course that little voice in my head kept tempting me to smoke just one... only one... but I didn't stumble because I knew that just one cigarette would mean having to start all over detoxing my system of the poison nicotine and losing what I'd already accomplished. I found the following passage in another posting on the board and could really identify with it as I too wish I could be an occasional smoker... a social smoker just as I am a social drinker. But no matter what that little voice in my head tries to convince me the fact is I, like the author of the passage below, have a minimum of 20 cigarettes a day and cannot smoke less. One cigarette today will always lead me back to 20+ cigarettes a day within a week. So I have no choice, no option

More on Quit Smoking..

No comments:

Post a Comment