Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Few Things I know for Sure...

From Terri Martin at about.com: quitsmoking.about.com/od/longter ... tYears.htmOn October 29th, 2009, I celebrated a big smoke-free milestone -- 8 years since my last cigarette. There was a time when it was hard to imagine 8 days in a row smoke-free, let alone 8 years. Yet, here I am today, looking back with more than a little amazement and so much gratitude at how far I've come.My quit meter tells me that in the 8 years since I quit, I have NOT smoked over 73,000 cigarettes.That's a lot of tobacco, but looking at the big picture, it is important to note that the worst of the work associated with quitting - the edginess of nicotine withdrawal and the couple of months beyond it, only involved the first 1000 cigarettes not smoked or so.By the time I got to the 6 month mark with 4000 cigs not smoked under my belt, any angst over quitting was well behind me. Another 4000 cigs not smoked and I was solidly in the clear.Small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, wouldn't you say?

More on Quit Smoking..

No comments:

Post a Comment