Saturday, October 9, 2010

New Quit from Missouri

Although I only registered with this forum yesterday, for more than six weeks I have been following the dialogue between members and relying on the resources available here and on WhyQuit. With you r help, this is now day 43 of my quit! This is an enormous accomplishment for a 60 year old lifetime 2ppd cigarette smoker. Truly, if I can quit, anyone can.This is not to say it has been or even yet is easy. My low point came at the start to week three when I wrote in my journal:Monday - Now week 3, 2 days 15 hours on quit meter. Not a bad weekend. Got thru a school reunion beer garden Friday night, a brother-in-law’s 60th birthday party on Saturday and a rainy lazy Sunday with very little anxiety or a strong urge to smoke all weekend. So why have I been at work now for 6 hours and thought of nothing else but smoking/not smoking? Why haven’t I been able to accomplish any productive work today or for three weeks? Why are my neck and shoulders so tense I have a headache. Why do

More on Quit Smoking..

No comments:

Post a Comment