Sunday, October 10, 2010

Are there any runners out there??

Are there any runners out there? I have been a runner for many years. Today is day 10 of being smoke free and I feel great. I love to run, but every once in awhile I stop running for months at a time and then when I decide to start running again, that first run was always a killer. I would have to SLOWLY build myself back up to running 3 or 4 miles at a time and it would take me almost a month to reach that goal. So anyway, I haven't run in about a month. I quit smoking 10 days ago and I decided yesterday to try to go for a run. My goal was to be able to run 10 minutes without stopping. Well 10 minutes into it, I wasn't even breathing hard!!! My lungs didn't feel like they were being squashed, I felt great!! So, instead of stopping, I kept running. I ran nonstop for 3 miles (28:09). I felt amazing! Running has always made me feel great, but yesterday was my first run as a non-smoker and I can not believe the difference!! This just reinforces how bad cigarettes were for me

More on Quit Smoking..

No comments:

Post a Comment