Thursday, October 14, 2010

1-800-Quit-Now = Idiots

So I was having a bad time yesterday at work (usual). On the way home I heard a 'Quit With Us Louisiana' commercial, and they gave the 1-800-Quit-Now number. I felt like I needed to talk to a real live person (no offense folks - not trying to replace this board at all) so I called it upon arriving home. This guy tells me that cold turkey is the worst way to quit. When I told him the evidence shows otherwise, he said "I have counseled close to 4000 quiters. We know what we are doing here". Whatever - I decided to hear him out.Now, I have slipped and smoked since my original quit date - but I've still have only 4 smokes in nearly 3 weeks (more like 10 in four weeks if you count the week prior to quitting when I was so sick I counldn't smoke). I told him as much. He said I need to go out and buy 14mg patches. Nevermind that I haven't had that much nicotine TOTAL in the last month. And the worst part of it is, after 45 minuntes on the phone I started to think this guy

More on Quit Smoking..

No comments:

Post a Comment