Thursday, October 14, 2010

Why Do People Relapse after Years of Not Smoking?

quitsmoking.about.com/od/prevent ... elapse.htmWhy Do People Relapse after Years of Not Smoking?By Terry Martin, About.comQuestion: Why Do People Relapse after Years of Not Smoking?I have a nagging fear that I can't seem to shake. I am stable in my quit right now, but the addict in me is telling me that 5,6,7 or 10 years from now I'm just going to pick up the habit again so what's the point of celebrating the fact that I'm a non-smoker now? Am I doomed to fail eventually? I know people who have started smoking again after YEARS of abstaining. It scares me.Answer: Every so often someone comes into the Smoking Cessation Forum who lost their quit after years of not smoking. On the surface, it IS scary for those who are working hard to beat this addiction. On the surface, it looks like smoking is a nasty monster that follows us, waiting to pounce when we're least suspecting... That's not how it works though. Relapse never happens out of the blue, even though people often think it does.The

More on Quit Smoking..

No comments:

Post a Comment